ST. PETER'S SURGERY - Repeat Prescriptions
Please note that as a result of Walsall CCG policy we now have to change our On-line service provider. Our current On-line services for booking appointments and ordering repeat prescriptions will end on Friday the 21st Sept 2018. To use our new system you will need to apply for basic access. Please follow the guidance as it appears on this website
ORDERING A REPEAT PRESCRIPTION
We would prefer you to order your repeat prescription “Online” (see the button / link above). Alternatively you can order your repeat precription by post or fax using the order form, see the link below, stating clearly the items you required.
Repeat Prescription Leaflet & Order Form
Ordering “Online”, by post or fax reduces the risk of a prescribing error, improves patient safety and saves our telephones for appointment requests. If ordering by post or fax, please mark the envelope or fax clearly “PRESCRIPTION REQUEST”. If you need the prescription returning to your home address, please enclose a stamped, addressed envelope. Alternatively you can place your written requests, using this form, in the repeat prescribing box located next to the self check-in screen in the Surgery’s main reception area.
PLEASE NOTE: Requests for repeat medication will not be taken over the telephone.
FOR ITEMS OF MEDICATION NOT ON THE COMPUTER YOU WILL HAVE TO SEE A DOCTOR.
We expect all patients requiring a repeat prescription to have a periodic review of your medical conditions and medications. The doctor may need to see you more often and will advise you. You will not be allowed a repeat prescription after your review date unless the doctor has seen you. This is to check your medical condition is under control and the medications are still appropriate for your condition.
YOUR MEDICATION - YOUR RESPONSIBILITY
We expect you as a patient to take some responsibility for the management of your own drugs.
- Please only order the items you need
- Please do not hoard supplies, all medication has an expiry date and cannot be recycled
- Please do not run out of medication, order repeat medication in good time
- Please allow 48 hours (2 working days) to obtain a repeat prescription
- Please inform the Practice if you want extra medication (i.e. for holiday)
- Please inform the Practice if you feel you do not need a tablet, have side effects or stop taking your medication.
- Please ensure you know why you are taking the drugs – speak to a doctor, nurse or pharmacist if you have any questions regarding your medication
- Please attend for your review when asked
Prescriptions are available to collect from the Surgery 48 hours (2 working days) after you have made your request. Some chemists will collect your prescription on your behalf – If you want to have your prescription collected by a chemist you will need to order your prescription and then arrange with the Chemist of your choice to collect your prescription.
Please note: Your chosen Chemist will be able to collect your prescription 48 hours (2 working days) after you have made your request.
The Practice is not a dispensing Practice