Access to Appointments
Changes to the Doctor Triage and Appointment System
As a practice, we aim to provide a good and accessible service for patients. Following a review of the GP triage system, increasing demand and patient safety issues, we introduced a new appointment system with effect from Wednesday the 8th July 2015. This new system, which was discussed with our Patient Reference Group, will provide significantly more appointments per week.
DOCTORS will no longer be doing TELEPHONE TRIAGE call backs.
- Receptionists will be able to book same day appointments for patients, both face to face and telephone consultations
- Receptionists have been trained to ask more questions so they can sign-post you to the most appropriate clinic
- We would appreciate your co-operation in using this new system appropriately.
APPOINTMENTS - THERE WILL BE A SAME DAY CLINIC from 8:30am to 11:30am
- We have increased the number of same day appointments every morning from 8:30am.
- You can book these same day appointments at the reception desk or by telephone, phone lines are open from 8:00am each day.
- If you need to see a Doctor on the same day, please contact the surgery early and use the SAME DAY CLINIC.
- The surgery is open from 7:30am on Mondays and Tuesdays and from 8:30am on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays.
- We expect to see same day urgent appointments in the mornings. Please help us by contacting the surgery early in the morning when we have more appointments available.
- We can arrange urgent investigations like blood tests on the same mornings but not in the afternoons as we do not have a blood sample collection service in the afternoon.
- There are only a very limited number of URGENT appointments in the afternoon. These are reserved for patients who become ill in the afternoon and cannot wait until the next morning.
- For URGENT appointments, the Doctor will only have time to deal with the ONE urgent problem.
- If you miss your appointment, you will NOT be offered another appointment on the same day.
- If you think your urgent problem can be sorted over the telephone, you can request an URGENT telephone consultation.
- This is NOT for getting results of investigations or non-urgent queries.
HOME VISIT REQUESTS
- Home visits are for elderly and genuinely housebound patients only.
- If you think you need a home visit, please ring before 12 pm and a Doctor will call you back.
You can also access medical care at:
- Pharmacists – Your local chemist can provide advice and access to medications for many minor illnesses.
- Urgent Care Centre (Community Site) – in the Saddlers Centre, (Access via Bridgeman Street only) which is open from 8am - 8pm every day, including Saturday and Sunday.
- Urgent Care Centre (Hospital Site) on “route 238” at the Manor Hospital, which is open from 7:00am to midnight, every day.
- NHS 111 Service - When the surgery is closed, please ring 111 for advice.
Please note: We do not have an unlimited number of appointments and we ask that you use our services appropriately. Thank you for your co-operation.