St Peter's Surgery Online Services
Please note that as a result of Walsall Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) policy we now have to change our On-line service provider. As a result of this change our current system will not be available after the 21st Sept 2018. Unfortunately, this change means that if you want to continue to order your repeat prescriptions or book appointments on-line then you will need to submit a new application so that you can re-register for on-line services with a new service provider.
It is also a requirement, specified by NHS Digital, that all patients must have a unique e-mail address. If you currently share an e-mail address with your wife, partner or members of your family only one of you will be able to register for on-line access to your own records. If you do not have your own e-mail address you will need to create one before you can apply for access to on-line services. I am afraid there is no exception to this. An e-mail address can only be used for one patient and applications from patients using the same e-mail address will only work for the first person to register with that e-mail.
Please complete a basic access application form as soon as possible, you can download a form from our website or collect a form from reception. Once the application form has been completed, please check your form to ensure that it is clearly readable. You will need to bring the completed form to reception along with proof of identity.
You will need to provide two forms of identity;
Birth certificate, driving licence or passport and
A household bill or bank statement showing your current address (this should be dated within the last 3 months).
Once we have your completed application and verified your identity we will provide you with a letter confirming your contact details, access codes and a guidance sheet explaining how you can re-register for on-line services.
You will be able to submit your application to reception during our normal working hours, we will check your ID at that point and we will aim to provide you with your registration documents within 15 to 20 mins. Alternatively we will post your details to the address on the application form if you are not able to wait. We recognise that getting to the surgery during normal opening may prove difficult so to help you re-register we will be open, for administration purposes only, on Saturday the 8th September and Saturday the 15th September from 8:00am to 12:30pm. If you bring you identity documents with you we can complete your re-registration documents in one visit. Please note: there will not be any GP or Nurse appointment available on these Saturdays.
PLEASE NOTE: Given the number of patients that we need to move to the new system and due to the restrictions of our new service we will not be accepting applications for children under 16 or proxy access for patients until Oct /Nov 2018 or applications for advanced access until the new year, 1st January 2019
Once you have your new registration details please follow the link below:For registration guidance please see the following link.
Our current On-line services for booking appointments has now ended and ordering repeat prescriptions will end on Friday the 21st Sept 2018.
Practice Online Services Access - Statement of Provision & Intent
The practice is committed to taking advantage of new technology and systems where appropriate to:
- Improve patient services and access to those services
- Improve both internal and external communications - publicise and promote our online services via this website, waiting room leaflets and posters and the Patient Reference Group
- Continue the move towards becoming a paperless practice
Currently the practice:
- Provides a dedicated open access Practice website contains the on-line services portal.
- Uses the NHS Number as the primary identifier in all NHS clinical correspondence issued by the practice
- Updates the summary care record
- Uses the electronic transfer of records facility (known as GP2GP) when available
- Uses the NHS electronic prescription service
Currently patients are able to:
Basic access - apply at reception (download your application form above)
- Book, view, amend, cancel and print appointments online
- Order, view and print a list of their repeat prescriptions for necessary drugs, medicines or appliances online.
- View, export or print any summary information from their records relating to current medications (inc. recent past repeat medications), allergies, adverse reactions and immunisations.
Advanced Access - apply via reception after 1st January 2019
- View your detailed coded medical record. You will need to apply for advanced access to be able to view online, export or print detailed coded information medical record information - PLEASE ASK AT RECEPTION.
For the Future
- Access to medical records will be improved and developed